- The Government is committed to the welfare of its employees and seeks to promote work-life balance to enable the employees and their families lead happy and contented lives. In this direction, the Government’s policy is to ensure every employee is posted at a work place where she/he is most productive and contributes his / her best for improved governance and efficient public services. Overall, the Government is committed to right placement of the staff to improve efficiency and accountability in administration.
- Accordingly, the existing ban on transfer of employees imposed vide reference third cited and reiterated vide fourth cited may be relaxed for the period from 25th April,2017 to 24thMay, 2017 to ensure right placement of employees to secure optimum productivity and commitment to furtherance of Government’s development objectives. The following proposals have been discussed with employee associations informally and their suggestions have been incorporated.
Principles for Transfers and Postings
- The following principles may be adopted while effecting transfer of employees:No employee shall be transferred before completion of three years of service in a particular duty station as on 1st April, 2017 and no person be retained beyond five years of service in a particular station. In case of ITDA areas the minimum mandatory service is two years
- All employees working in the ITDA areas - with the exception of local cadre employees belonging to Scheduled Tribe community - in any duty station for more than two years shall be transferred to non-ITDA areas.
- Service in all cadres at a station shall be counted while calculating the period of stay.Station means place (City, Town, Village) of actual working for the purpose of transfers and not office or institution. However, for State Audit department, Station means Office within the Zone as all their offices are situated in the District Headquarters only.
- Request transfers may be considered in respect of employees who have completed three years of service but less than five years at a station. However, such request transfers shall be limited, based on exception and not a rule, and shall not constitute more than 5 per cent of the employees in any working cadre and subject to fulfilment of one or more of the conditions mentioned below: